Services Provided By Star Worldwide Group Pvt. Ltd. (Subject to detailed arrangements agreed with individual clients)
Origin Services: Provision of suitable packing materials, Packing, wrapping and protecting all items for shipment including listing and labeling, Provision of steamship container/shipping lift case(s) and/or storage containers. Loading and packing all items, Preparing and distributing all necessary documentation and instructions.
Transportation Services: Arranging and paying for all en route transportation by land, sea and/or air including port handling charges, bunker, congestion and currency exchange surcharges, Attending to customs export formalities.
Destination services: Attending to customs clearance formalities at destination, Providing inland transportation, co-ordination of delivery services, unloading shipment and unpacking, setting up and reassembling furnishings, Disposing of packing materials.
Storage Services: Goods that are being “left behind” are treated as a separate shipment, packaged and loaded into storage containers/lift vans and held in a secure warehouse until the owner returns and delivery and unpacking is required, Storage charges are based on a one time charge for preparation and transportation to the storage warehouse; a monthly charge for storage and further one time charge for delivery out. Storage Insurance is available at an additional charge.
Exclusions: Quoted rates unless specified exclude customs duties and govt. taxes, demurrage and detention charges, delivery above 4th floor, piano & heavy lifts, en route storage, abnormal destination access and services of specialised tradesmen.
Validity: Quote is valid for 90 days, from date of submission..
Payment Terms: Unless specified or otherwise contracted for Sea shipments on production of shipped on board certificate and before release of bill of lading. For Air shipments on handing over shipment to airline.
1. Jurisdiction: The Company (STAR WORLDWIDE GROUP PVT. LTD.) and the Owner agree that this transaction shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delhi.
2. Company's Liability: The Company's liability shall be limited to the value of the actual loss or damage to a maximum liability of Rs 25 per Kg per article, piece or package with the exception of Boats, Automobiles, or other motorised vehicles, for which the maximum liability is Rs 9 per kg. The Owner may elect to complete a valued inventory of his goods and purchase All Risk Insurance arranged through the Company, in which event coverage will increase to the values so purchased and the terms and conditions of the Insurance Policy will apply. The client is to ensure that a valued inventory list is provided and insurance application form completed before the shipment is picked up from the residence and that premium is paid. If no application is completed, it will be presumed that the client does not require insurance to be arranged through the Company.
3. Exclusions: The Company will not be liable for the following losses or damages. (a) Loss or damage caused by wear and tear, dampness or atmosphere, extremes of temperature, deterioration, moth or other insects, inherent vice and hidden or internal damage to goods not packed or unpacked by the Company or its,agents. (b) loss or damage to documents, accounts, specie, bills, currency, money, notes, securities, jewellery, watches, precious stones, furs or any similar items. (c) Breakage, chipping, marring, denting or scratching unless the item is packed by the Company or it's agents; (d) The contents of packages and articles in drawers of furniture unless packed by the Company or its agents; (e) Mechanical or electrical malfunctions of items with electronic or mechanical components such as entertainment or household appliances, computers, auto- mobiles or other vehicles or boats unless evidenced by external damage to such items; (f) Piano tuning; (9) Deterioration or injury to perishable foods, plants, congoleums of linoleums; (h) Damage to waterbed mattresses however caused; (i) Delays caused by faulty or impassable highways; lack of capacity of any high- way, bridge, ferry or caused by breakdown or mechanical defect of vehicles, vessels or aircraft; Goods placed in storage are stored at owner's risk.. Storage rates do not include insurance.
4. Beyond Reasonable Control: The Company is not liable for loss, damage or delay caused by an act of God, public enemies, riots, strikes, acts or defaults of the Owner, the authority of law, quarantine, failure of any carrier en route, the costs of marine general averages or any cause beyond the Company's reasonable control.
5. Absence of Owner or his Agent at Loading or Delivery: Where, through no fault of the Company, the final carrier is unable to effect delivery to the Owner or at the Owner's request the shipment is stopped and held en route, the goods may be kept at a public, licensed warehouse, subject to reasonable charges for storage and there held at the risk of the owner, without liability to the Company and Subject to a lien for all freight and other lawful charges including a reasonable charge for storage. Where the Company is directed to take property from a place or places at which the Owner, or his agent, are not present, the property shall be at the risk of the Owner. Similarly, goods shall be delivered at Owner's risk at places where no authorised person is present to receive and sign for the shipment.
6. Rights of Subrogation and Payment of Lawful Charges: The Company is entitled to recover from any shipping line, air line, rail, road carrier or warehouseman involved in this contract, the amount of any loss, dam- age or injury that it may be required to pay hereunder, caused by or resulting from their handling of the goods. Loss or damage en route shall not relieve the owner from the Owner's obligations hereunder to pay freight and all other lawful charges accruing from the moving and or storage services.
7. Explosives and or Dangerous Goods: Any person, whether as owner or agent, shipping or storing explosives or dangerous goods without previous full written disclosure of their nature to the Company or its agent, shall indemnity the Company against all loss, damage or injury caused thereby and the goods may be warehoused at the risk and expense of the Owner.
8. Storage of Household Goods: (a) The Owner agrees (1) To notify the Company within 2 days from the date of pick up, of any goods not listed on the receipt. Failing such notification, the Company shall be responsible only for the goods listed on the inventory. (2) To notify the Company in writing and within 30 days of any change in address. (3) To pay all or any charges for storage services as provided in this Agreement. Storage charges shall be assessed monthly or quarterly in advance of each month or quarter or part thereof. Accounts are payable forthwith when invoiced and thereafter, subject to a service charge of 2% per month on a monthly compound basis. (b)Written notification of any adjustment to monthly storage charges will be provided 90 days in advance; (c) The Company reserves the right (1) To transfer the goods stored hereunder to any other Company or agent's warehouse within the local region. Such transfer will be at the Company's expense and subject to providing the Owner with written notification of the change. (2) To terminate the storage contract by providing the Owner with 90 days written notice. In the event that the Owner fails to remove the goods in the time specified then the Company may do so at Owner's expense. (3) To require seven (7) days written notice of intended total removal of goods from storage or of any access for examination or partial removal. Delivery and or access charges are in addition to monthly storage rates and will be charged at the rates prevailing at the time. (d) The Company shall have a general lien on any and all property deposited with it. In the event that storage and other related charges are not paid when due, and after the required notice to the Owner and public announcement, the goods shall be sold at public auction, as required by law, with the proceeds going firstly to pay accrued storage and related charges and the expenses incurred in the sale of the goods.
9. Claims: Any and all claims for loss or damage to the goods shall be submitted to the Company. Initial written notification of such loss or damage must be reported within 15 days of delivery of the goods. A full written report, setting out the detail of the claim, including estimates of the amount claimed must be submitted to the Company within 30 days of full delivery. In the absence of these notification the Owner hereby waives and agrees to waive all claims for loss or damage. Claims for missing items will only be reviewed if the shortages / loss is noted on the delivery document / receipt at the time of accepting delivery from the Company or its representative/agent.
10. Imports: When the Company acts as a sub-contractor to deliver imports the Terms and Conditions covering such shipments are those contained in the contract between the Client and the Originating Mover.
11. Contract: These terms and conditions taken along with the information provided on the quotation shall represent the entire agreement.
We, at Star Worldwide Group, place integrity, honesty and quality as our main values. We all stand united in our sincere beliefs that an honest, ethical, efficient and a quality service to our Customers is the ultimate goal of our Organisation. Whereupon, we, engaged in the transporting and handling of household goods and fine-art objects, pledge ourselves to uphold and advance the following ideals and principles:
To consistently offer and provide the most efficient and reliable moving & storage services available, while adhering strictly to a policy of truth, honesty, integrity and fairness in all business transactions.
To consistently strive for improvement in all aspects of our business operations and to bind ourselves to the individual and collective effort of seeking and effecting such improvement.
To be conscious and considerate of consumer needs and to continually promote the progress, fraternity, education and dignity of our industry so that the public will be better served.
To promote the elimination of fraud, deceit, misrepresentation and unethical practices within our industry and our Company and to engage in formal disciplinary review of any and all employees involved in such practices.
To afford all employees equal opportunities, without any discrimination, for their professional enhancement and achievement of optimal results, to promote competitive practices and maximum due process in the administration of our affairs.
To maintain the highest concern for the health, welfare and safety of our employees, while recognizing their needs as both human beings and individuals.
To faithfully fulfill all obligations towards our Customers, colleagues and the associations / Federations to which we may belong, including the timely payment of all our suppliers and service providers.
The purpose of this document is to communicate our procedure and requirements with regards to Data Privacy and Protection Procedure.
Management – It is the responsibility of all employees to comply with Data Privacy and Protection Procedure. Accountability would be with Star Worldwide Group (SWG) in the event of any breach of policy or violations. It is the department manager’s responsibility to communicate this to all staff so they are fully aware and compliant with the policy and standard expected.
Notice – Information will only be collected in direct connection with moving services being provided. Employees, customers and suppliers will be informed of the above through the privacy notice.
Collection – Data is only collected for the purpose of moving services.
Choice & Consent – Choices should be given to the individual i.e. customer, corporate account, suppliers/service providers that they communicate personal information in a controlled manner and on a need to know basis. We obtain their implicit consent and have advised all parties that this must be complied with in order to work with SWG.
Use Retention and Disposal – data will only be used during the activity of the move. Archived Data will be stored for as long as necessary to fulfil the stated purposes or as required by law and thereafter the data is deleted and any hard copies disposed of through secure shredding.
Access – For all individuals as referred to above access to data is strictly controlled by SWG and any changes would be notified by email, or in writing with data being updated by the file coordinator or manager involved in the area concerned.
Disclosure to Third Parties – Information is only shared on a need-to-know basis and is strictly limited to services being provided. No information should be shared or passed onto to any other parties.
Security for Privacy – SWG runs up to date anti-virus software, in addition all individual user logins’ are password protected to ensure that within the company information is only shared on a need to know basis. The physical security of the office is also limited by manned security and ID cards and the same for the warehouse.
Quality - The data stored is accurate, complete and relevant for business purposes.
Monitoring & Enforcement – If any individual notices a breach of privacy they should immediately notify the General manager Rajesh Gulati at email@example.com . Corrective action would be taken to ensure the security of data; further action could also involve reviewing access or termination of a user/supplier.
Any breach and action would be escalated to senior management. We regularly communicate our procedures to internal staff and warehouse staff and ensure their awareness is up date and they are compliant. Customer feedback also provides an opportunity for communicating any breach of privacy.
The procedure will be reviewed annually and any changes communicated to all users.
The earth’s climate is predicted to change because human activities are altering the chemical composition of the atmosphere through the buildup of greenhouse gases primarily carbon dioxide methane, and nitrous oxide. The heat-trapping property of these gases is undisputed. Although uncertainty exists about exactly how earth’s climate responds to these gases, global temperatures are rising.
Environmental problems have become so complex that many individuals feel they can have no effects on them. Problem like oil spills, hazardous waste loss of rain forests, endangered species, acid rain, the ozone layer, and the municipal waste crisis can feel out of our control. At the very least, these problems require group and corporate action or Government intervention.
However there are some things the individual can control. Waste reduction and recycling activities can make a difference.
The Benefits of Recycling:
FIDI has already taken very positive steps to encourage its member to adopt measure that will help in protecting the environment and safe guarding our natural resources. We support FIDI’s initiatives and will promote this policy in the following ways:-
Encourage our Customer to accept recycled and reusable packing materials wherever possible.
Buy products or use alternatives that are less toxic or, preferably, non-toxic to get the job done.
Promote use of biodegradable materials.
Wherever possible, encourage customers to loose load shipment into shipping line container instead of using wooden lift vans, thereby saving our forest, a very important natural resources
Encourage all employees to actively promote environmental friendly habits within the office, their home and communities.
Save power fuel, water and other resources by promoting proper usage and maintenance of office and warehouse equipment, vehicles etc.
Combat paper wastage & recycle waste paper by shredding & reusing as packing material.
Ensure proper disposal of debris and waste, in accordance with the best practices.
Star Worldwide Group, Pvt. Ltd. fully upholds the laws regarding anti bribery and corruption. Any act or attempted bribery and corruption is unacceptable; this applies to offering a bribe or accepting a bribe.
Bribery is the offering, promising, giving, accepting or soliciting of an advantage as an inducement for action. It is illegal, and it is a breach of trust. A bribe is an inducement or reward offered, promised or provided in order to gain a commercial, contractual, regulatory or personal advantage.
This policy extends to all our stakeholders including but not limited to employees, shareholders, management, service providers, Customers, Overseas partners, etc and all those who act on your behalf. In addition to compliance with this policy you will also uphold all the laws regarding bribery and corruption in your own jurisdictions.
You agree to:
• Never engage in any form of bribery, either directly or through any third party.
• Never offer or make an improper payment, or authorize an improper payment (cash or otherwise) to any individual, including any local or foreign official anywhere in the world.
• Never attempt to induce an individual, or a local or foreign official to act illegally or improperly.
• Never offer, or accept, money or anything of value, such as gifts, kickbacks or commissions, in connection with the procurement of business or the award of a contract.
• Never offer or give any gift or token of hospitality to any public employee or government official or representative if there is any expectation or implication for a return favor
• Never accept any gift from any business partner if there is any suggestion that a return favor will be expected or implied.
• Never facilitate payments to obtain a level of service which one would not normally be entitled to.
• Never disregard or fail to report any indication of improper payments to the appropriate authorities.
• Never induce or assist another individual to break any applicable law or regulation.
The prevention, detection and reporting of bribery and corruption are the responsibility of all those working with us or for us or under our control.
If you believe or suspect that bribery or corruption has taken place you should inform your manager/representative and notify Star Worldwide Group, Pvt. Ltd. immediately.